Child Support Enforcement Compassionate Counsel. Aggressive Advocacy.

Sugar Land Child Support Enforcement Attorney

Holding Parents Accountable for Child Support Payments

The relief that can come with finalizing a divorce and moving on with your life can quickly be dashed by an uncooperative ex-spouse. If you are a parent, then your divorce decree probably included child support provisions. If the non-custodial parent fails to make these payments, the custodial parent is then forced to return to court to seek enforcement.

If you are in this situation, the good news is that the courts, the Attorney General's Office, and the Child Support Enforcement Division may be able to help you. Still, it is advised that you seek legal counsel to help navigate the enforcement process. Like so many court procedures, enforcement requires a careful detailing of the filer's circumstances and the slightest oversight can mean a dismissal of the motion.

At the Audu Law Firm, Sugar Land child support enforcement lawyer Lilian Audu can ensure that your motion is thorough, compelling, and capable of effectively resolving your child support matter.

Want to learn more about the child support enforcement process? Contact the Audu Law Firm today at (832) 789-8442.

Filing Your Motion & Remedies

To seek child support enforcement, you must return to the court that issued your divorce decree and receive a motion form. In this form, you must carefully detail your current circumstances – such as the amounts that were ordered to be paid, the amount that is past due, and any amounts that have already been paid. Certain attachments, like records from your payment agency, may be helpful to further prove your circumstances. Your counsel can help you decide which additional documentation could be useful.

After filing this motion, the court will review it. If the motion is accepted, the court will then seek remedies against the ex-spouse in order to recover the money that is past due.

Court remedies for child support enforcement can include:

  • Liens on the ex-spouse's property
  • Seizure of tax returns or government benefits
  • Revocation of driver's/professional licenses
  • Holding the ex-spouse in contempt of court

As you can see, the court has fairly broad power when it comes to enforcing child support payments. First, however, it takes a thorough enforcement motion filling to compel the court to assist you.

The Sugar Land child support enforcement attorney at the Audu Law Firm can assist you with this filing and ensure that the gravity of you and your child's needs are felt before the court.

Contact the firm today to get started. Call (832) 789-8442.

Why Are People Choosing the Audu Law Firm?

  • Communicative, Available, and Approachable From Start to Finish
  • Constant Updates Regarding the Developments in Your Case
  • Compassionate Counsel, yet Aggressive Advocacy During Your Time of Need
  • Comprehensive Initial Consultations for Prospective Clients

Your Rights Are Our Priority

Request Your Free Initial Phone Consultation With Attorney Audu Today!
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.